A Grand Unveiling

Arm reaching out to slightly open the red curtain on stage
Design is the silent ambassador of your brand. 
-Paul Rand, art director and graphic designer

My business cards are ready!

Earlier this summer, I mentioned that just at the moment my business name had crystallized, a friend reconnected and offered to help with a logotype and card design. 

What luck!
 
We met over donuts and discussed at length my business name and the kind of work I hoped to do.
 
At this point, it's important to know I have a very limited capacity for spatial visualization.  So my thoughts about how my card should look were particularly open-ended.  I wanted my cards to be approachable. Open. Calm.  Maybe a pen?

But, as it turns out, a spatial deficit doesn't stop me from having strong opinions.  Hey! Why are you laughing?!

I liked that. But not this. What about moving this over there? No - never mind, that's wrong. Can I see...?

And this is where I salute Marleen Kiral, Commander-in-Chief at Almostronaut, for her guidance through the asteroid field.  Marleen answered all my questions with her signature matter-of-fact style, provided strong advice on trends and best practices, and she navigated me back to the flight path whenever I got distracted by my own personal preferences (yes, Shannon, pink is great, but have a look at this chart about colour connotations).

Through our conversations, she came to understand my personal style, and I'm pretty sure she searched the edges of the universe to find the perfect graphic.

I am over the moon with the results.

Are you ready to take a peek?

Front


 
Back


Alternate back: I plan to share these with funeral homes


I'm thrilled with how font, graphics, colour and text combine toward one unified message: Trust me, I deliver.

I can't wait to start sharing them!


If you like my blog, I bet your friends will too.  Thanks for sharing. 

Photo courtesy of weatherbox @ freeimages.com.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shannon Goes to Camp

Minding My Own Business

Technical Lesson #1: Choosing a Blog Platform