From My Home To Yours...

Holiday table with a white lantern, pinecones and pomegranate seeds
It's that time of year when the world falls in love
Every song you hear seems to say

 "Merry Christmas, may your New Year dreams come true."
- Christmas Waltz by Sammy Cahn & Jule Styne

I love the centrepiece laid out on the table above, and the way it brings joy on so many levels: pinecones for texture and growth, pomegranate seeds for colour and zest, sprigs of pine for fragrance, and of course, a lantern to light the path.

Add a little Sinatra to round out the senses.

Whatever your personal tradition, this is the time of year we find solace amid the darkness, and celebrate the gradual lengthening of the days.  During this time of reflection, I wish you all the warmth and coziness of December.  Wrap yourself in a blanket and curl up by the fire. Take afternoon naps. Bake gingerbread. Keep your loved ones close.  It's the season for comfort.

From my home to yours, Merry Christmas!

xoShannon

 ***

What a year!  This marks my 24th blog in 24 weeks.  I figured I had it in me, but honestly, I've surprised even myself!  What started in July as a tiny seed of an idea has grown, inch by inch, into the healthy shoot we see today.

Your steady and ongoing encouragement - always just when I needed it - has provided the light and nourishment to help this writer thrive. 

And now, to spend uninterrupted quality time with friends and family, and in the true spirit of comfort and joy, it is time for a break.

During my hiatus, I'll be looking back to see what worked, and looking ahead to consider what I can do differently in 2019 to expand my reach and access a broader audience. 

Stay tuned!

Subscribe to my blog to make sure you get all the latest updates.

Photo courtesy of Jessica Lewis @ pexels.com.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shannon Goes to Camp

Minding My Own Business

Technical Lesson #1: Choosing a Blog Platform