Right On Schedule


Picture of an alarm clock on a rustic wooden platform.  Time reads 7 o'clock.
Don't compare yourself with other people; compare yourself with who you were yesterday. 
                                                                                             - Jordan Peterson, psychologist

It's easy to compare ourselves to others. I'm prone to it, and something tells me you might be too.

As I start up my own little startup, it's very compelling to compare myself to those who are also going through the process, or those who have gone before.  But that's usually when the doubt starts creeping in:  I should be further along by now.  Ms. Smartypants over there probably didn't get stuck on this banal decision.  I must not be cut out for this...

This time zone metaphor resonated with me, and I thought I'd share it while I'm out enjoying the last remaining hours of my vacation.

Attribution is important to me.  I tried to identify the author of this work, but nothing definitive came up.

So for now I'm tipping my hat to that most famous blogger, Anonymous.  If you know where this came from, please leave a comment below.

* * *

New York is three hours ahead of California, but that does not make California slow.
Cameroon is six hours ahead of New York but it does not make New York slow.

Someone graduated from college at 22 but waited five years before securing a job.
Someone became a CEO at 25 but died at 50.
Someone became a CEO at 50 but lived to 90 years.
Someone is still single,
While another is married with children

Absolutely, everyone in this world works based on their own time zone.

People around you might seem to be ahead of you.
That’s total fine. Some are behind you.

Everyone is running their own race in their own time zone.
Don’t envy or mock them.
They are in their own time zone and you are in yours.
Life is about waiting for the right moment to react.

So RELAX.
You’re not late
You’re not early
You’re very much on time, and in your time zone.
 
Photo courtesy of Aphiwat @ Pexels

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shannon Goes to Camp

Minding My Own Business

Technical Lesson #1: Choosing a Blog Platform