The Universe Responds

Woman's hands cupping a string of white mini-lights
Ask for what you want and be prepared to get it.  - Maya Angelou

Exciting news: I've got a name!

If I had doubt before, it was because the name wasn't fully formed.  Just as we all have multiple parts to our full name, so too does my business.

Although each part of the name came to me separately and weeks apart, I note (with equal parts awe and humility) that everything culminated a mere five days after my blog post on the topic.

The law of attraction; stating an intention; trusting the universe - whatever you call it, it's a powerful catalyst for making things happen.

The final piece clicked into place while I was letting my mind wander on the ferry. I wrote all three words together and... Shazam! Over the next few days, I wondered whether I should workshop the idea with friends, but it seemed pointless. The name is the name.

The Part Where I Explain Why I Can't Tell You What I Want to Tell You

This blog is a tool to help me process my thoughts.  Record my learning. Play with style. Instill writing discipline. And hopefully entertain/inform/inspire my audience too.

But it's not a marketing tool. Ultimately, Minding My Own Business is a peek behind the curtain. It's where the brass section empties their spit valves,  and the actors argue over stage direction.   If MMOB were a bakery, there'd be flour strewn everywhere, and the baker would be stealing a swig from a secret flask and cursing the supplier for a late delivery.  You get the picture.  Like the rest of life, it's sometimes gonna get messy up in here.

That makes it inherently unsuitable to be connected with the professional, empathetic service I'm offering.

So, despite my excitement, enthusiasm, and propensity to proclaim all good news to the world immediately, I won't be using my business name here until I can find a good way to connect to it without leaving a trail of breadcrumbs that might put off potential clients. #ThinkingThingsThrough

*  *  *

Confirming my name is an important milestone - I can now start securing domain names, social media handles, email addresses.

Work has also begun on the graphic undertaking of designing a logotype, business cards, and eventually a website.

Can you believe that a friend/in-law popped up recently with this exact skill set and offered to help?
Talk about allowing the universe to deliver!

Design collaboration is fairly new to me, and I can't wait to see how this work manifests...

Photo courtesy of Ander Bourdain on Unsplash

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shannon Goes to Camp

Minding My Own Business

Technical Lesson #1: Choosing a Blog Platform