Plot Twist: Shit Gets Real


Night photo of NASA shuttle on launch pad
We choose to go to the moon. We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard, because that goal will serve to organize and measure the best of our energies and skills, because that challenge is one that we are willing to accept, one we are unwilling to postpone, and one which we intend to win, and the others, too.                                                                                         - John F. Kennedy, 35th President of the United States

In the last month, I've been taking care of a lot of boring-not-boring paperwork to bring legitimacy to the biz and get ready for the next step.  Things like registering my name and business number, asking questions at City Hall, weighing the pros and cons of new software and negotiating rates with banks. I love it. Yep, super-exciting for me. Pretty mundane for you.

This hustle has all been with a vision to starting billing in the 2019.  And now it looks like the stars are aligning for exactly that.

It's not the tribute work I've had my eye on. Rather than short little 5-7 hour projects I can fit in on evenings and weekends, this'll be a whopping 50-hour+ project, with a potential for more if it goes well. I've signed a non-disclosure agreement.

Shit just got real.  <Gulp!>

Last weekend was a flurry of clarifying the project scope, assembling a cost estimate and writing a professional bio.

I can't say more than that right now, but I'm pretty stoked!

If you love my blog, subscribe!  Fresh, warm posts delivered straight to your inbox.

Photo courtesy of WikiImages @ pixabay




Comments

  1. It sounds very interesting, Shannon. Can't wait to hear more!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Shannon Goes to Camp

Sometimes I Fall Down

Minding My Own Business