My First Client



A small but resilient sprout
Actions are the seed of fate, deeds grow into destiny.  -Harry S. Truman

A couple of weeks ago, I got to see my work in action.

My first client, a close friend of 20 years, is a working mom of two energetic young boys. I also learned after our work had begun that she was in the process of buying a new home and selling her current one. Talk about busy!

With her Dad's celebration of life approaching, I asked if she needed a hand organizing her thoughts. Her answer was a clear yes, and as it turns out, the timing was perfect. She had just started getting her thoughts down on paper.

*    *    *

I was wondering if you’re planning on speaking at your Dad’s memorial, and if you’d like any help preparing?  I don’t mean to put you on the spot if it’s not something you were planning... But if it’s something you’ve been considering, I’d be honoured to help out in the next few weeks...
-Shannon

*    *    *

She sent me her handwritten notes, and although she warned me they were messy, a clear theme emerged to me right away.

I rearranged her notes for thematic clarity,  provided a light all-over word massage, and identified a few spots that needed a little extra oomph.

Over the course of a few more emails - we live in different parts of the province - we had a final version.  At every step, I checked in to make sure we were still on the right track. 

The tribute she delivered clearly conveyed the love for her Dad and his well-lived life,  while also reflecting my friend's authentic voice, and even her sense of humour. 

Pete would have been so proud of his daughter, and I am so honoured to have helped her find just the right words. ❤️

*

Sometimes getting started is the hardest part. Although my friend had a sense of what she wanted to say, I was prepared to assist her at a much earlier stage. 

 If you know someone who could use similar assistance crafting a message from the heart, please contact me at MindingMoB@gmail.com.

For a limited time, I will be providing my services free of charge in exchange for honest feedback on the process and finished project.

Sprout photo by Matthew Henry from Burst

Comments

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Tressa, it was truly an honour. Your colouring mats were also very well received! ❤️

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Shannon Goes to Camp

Minding My Own Business

Sometimes I Fall Down